Monday, July 5, 2010

Joy!

The night before my trip to Haiti ( in June), our family gathered to pray- the kids finished our prayer with, " God, please give Velo joy and laughter." He has had a "reputation" for being a pretty sad fellow, so this prayer had been a common one in our home! I was discouraged the first day at the orphanage as Velo remained an anxious and tearful boy. I knew though, that our hearts were committed to this child, anxious or happy- but prayed again- " God, you know the desire of my heart would be to see him smile and laugh, even if it is when he has come to live with us and hopefully is healthier physically." God is so faithful- as this pictures shows- I had the privilege of watching Velo playing, laughing and smiling that afternoon as he rolled a toy truck to his friend. Sometimes He has us wait for an answered prayer- but other times He delights us with the desire of our heart the very same day!
Melissa

No comments: